PCB pondering UAE as possible venue for Oz series
Islamabad: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) would consider UAE as a possible home venue for their limited over series against Australia, but is opposed to postponing the series, as suggested by the Emirates Cricket Board (ECB).
The PCB had earlier ruled out UAE as a venue for their series against Australia, citing hot conditions during Ramazan as the reason, but after getting snubbed by the Sri Lanka Cricket Board to hold a five one-day international and three Twenty20 series from August 13, they are now ready to consider UAE as a possibility.
The PCB is now searching for alternatives with South Africa, Malaysia and Zimbabwe said to be under discussion. Amid the search, the ECB put forward a proposal to hold the series in the Middle-East country.
“Like every time we’re ready. If there’s an issue with the conditions then the series can be confined to six or seven Twenty20s. It can be staged after Ramazan. Both Pakistan and Australia are used to hot conditions,’ a daily quoted ECB Chief Executive, Dilawar Mani, as saying.
PCB Director Intikhab Alam, while acknowledging the proposal, said the board will consider the option but ruled out delaying the series as suggested by Mani.
“We will consider the proposal. But it’ll be difficult to alter its schedule because starting the series in late August gives us less time to give final touches to our World Twenty20 preparations. We won’t be able to have the series if it gets postponed. Hopefully we’ll reach a decision within ten days,” Alam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?