PCB pondering UAE as possible venue for Oz series
Islamabad: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) would consider UAE as a possible home venue for their limited over series against Australia, but is opposed to postponing the series, as suggested by the Emirates Cricket Board (ECB).
The PCB had earlier ruled out UAE as a venue for their series against Australia, citing hot conditions during Ramazan as the reason, but after getting snubbed by the Sri Lanka Cricket Board to hold a five one-day international and three Twenty20 series from August 13, they are now ready to consider UAE as a possibility.
The PCB is now searching for alternatives with South Africa, Malaysia and Zimbabwe said to be under discussion. Amid the search, the ECB put forward a proposal to hold the series in the Middle-East country.
“Like every time we’re ready. If there’s an issue with the conditions then the series can be confined to six or seven Twenty20s. It can be staged after Ramazan. Both Pakistan and Australia are used to hot conditions,’ a daily quoted ECB Chief Executive, Dilawar Mani, as saying.
PCB Director Intikhab Alam, while acknowledging the proposal, said the board will consider the option but ruled out delaying the series as suggested by Mani.
“We will consider the proposal. But it’ll be difficult to alter its schedule because starting the series in late August gives us less time to give final touches to our World Twenty20 preparations. We won’t be able to have the series if it gets postponed. Hopefully we’ll reach a decision within ten days,” Alam said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate