PCB releases employees aged 60 and above
Lahore: Pakistan Cricket Board has terminated the services of their regular employees who have attained or crossed the age of 60 years and those affected include chief operating officer Wasim Bari.
A PCB official said Board’s HR committee informed around 15 employees that their services were no longer required as they had become ineligible under the service rules act.
“The service rules states that employees who turn 60 have to be retired and unfortunately this list includes some very senior people,” the official said.
The list includes besides Bari, the general manager of domestic cricket Shafiq Ahmed, umpires manager Khizar Hayat, and former Test player Ehteshamuddin, who works at the national cricket academy.
Indications are that the decision is part of the directives given to the PCB Chairman Ijaz Butt by the Presidency to make changes in the board management.
“Apparently the changes are now being made because Butt was told clearly that if he wanted to remain Chairman until the next World Cup he would have to work with a new team,” a well placed source said.
However, the legal advisor of the board Talib Rizvi made it clear that the officials who are being released under the service rules could be reemployed on contract basis.
“If we feel the services of any of these persons is essential, he can be re-hired on contract as government rules allow people aged 60 or above to work on short term contracts,” he said.
The former Chairman of the board, Lt. General (retd) Tauqir Zia expressed surprise at the decision.
“The service rules have always been there so why has this thought dawned on them now to remove the people who are aged 60 or above,” he asked.
Tauqir said that if the Board was sincere about improving its performance then it should try to induct fresh blood into the management.
Sources said Intikhab Alam, who is now the manager of the national team and also heads the national cricket academy, will be unaffected since he was already working on contractual basis.
Asked why the service rules did not affect Ijaz Butt who is over 70, one source said the Chairman was working on honorary basis in the board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe