PCB requests ICC to allow Aamir`s entry at NCA
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board has requested the ICC to allow banned pacer Muhammad Aamir to start using facilities at the National Cricket Academy under the supervision of PCB coaches.
A senior official in the board stated that recent media reports that the ICC had or would allow Aamir to resume playing first class cricket were incorrect.
"We don`t foresee that happening but the four man sub-committee formed by the ICC executive board to look into our request on Aamir`s case will meet in October for the first time and only than something will be clear," the official said.
He said the PCB had told the ICC at the recent board meeting that they wanted permission to be given to Aamir to start using facilities and start training at the academy.
"That is the request we have made and we are hoping that we should get some permission from the ICC late next year on this when Aamir would have completed four years of his five year ban period," he said.
"Under the terms of the anti-corruption code a player cannot use any facilities of his board until his ban is completed. We have requested Aamir be given permission to start doing this before the ban ends," he added.
The official said the board was also hopeful that the ICC would also allow Aamir to play club cricket close to the end of his ban period.
Asked whether the PCB was planning to also speak to the ICC about the life ban on Test leg-spinner Danish Kaneria, the official said they only took up Aamir`s case because he had confessed to his wrongdoing and was a teenager when the spot-fixing scandal took place.
"In Danish`s case he has not accepted any wrong doing and secondly the England and Wales Cricket Board submitted a lot of circumstantial evidence against him in the hearings of the ECB disciplinary panel that eventually banned him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof