PCB says it approached BCCI to release players for PSL
Karachi: In an effort to rope in as many international players as possible for Pakistan Super League, the PCB had approached the BCCI to release Indian players for the T20 tournament, the Board said on Wednesday.
Asked if Indian players would take part in the league, Subhan Ahmed, the chief operating officer of Pakistan Cricket Board, said that the PCB was not only directly in touch with players from all countries but also their Boards.
"The participation of Indian players depends on their board issuing NOCs to them," he said while addressing the media in Lahore today.
Another important information coming from the conference was that the PCB had not ruled out having the league outside the country if conditions in Pakistan in March-April did not allow the event to be held on time.
The third and most interesting information was that the board is yet to decide on the venue of the league.
Reminded that the PCB had accused the Bangladesh Cricket Board of directly approaching Pakistani players for the Bangladesh Premier League, Subhan said that there was a clear process under the ICC rules.
"Whatever the approach it is obligatory for players to get NOCs from their boards to play in any league. We are using different channels to sign on players but ultimately we can only have those players who have written NOCs from their boards," he said.
Asked about any other options being available to hold the league outside Pakistan, Sarwar Salman Butt, the MD of the PSL, said, "We are looking at holding the tournament in Pakistan. If there are changes we will let you know but right now that (shifting to another country) option is not on the table."
"The direction are very clear, we need to have this tournament in Pakistan in the days given to us unless something untoward happens. Then we have to make a decision," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened