Islamabad: The Pakistan Cricket Board on Tuesday sent a show cause notice to former captain Shahid Afridi for announcing his "retirement" and making unsavoury remarks about the board officials.
The PCB has also suspended his central contract with immediate effect and has stopped all the pending payments on account of his central contract.
After being unceremoniously dumped from captaincy after the ODI series in Caribbean, Afridi today announced his retirement from all forms of the game as long as the current regime under Ijaz Butt are in power.
He was also peeved as Butt made a statement few days back about strong reasons behind Afridi`s removal from the hot seat.
In a media release issued by the PCB, it has been stated that the action is taken primarily based on couple of breaches that he has committed even after being one of the centrally contracted cricketer.
The PCB media release states that action was initiated on the basis of following breaches.
1. By announcing his retirement in the manner that he did, Shahid Afridi is in breach of Clause 2.1.4 of the Central Contract dealing with Covenants of the Cricketer.
2. In passing disparaging remarks about the board and its officials Shahid Afridi is in breach of Clause 4.4 dealing with Media obligations.
The media release also separately states about the action that has been taken against the veteran all-rounder.
1. A show cause notice has been issued to him seeking his explanation on these comments. Afridi has been asked to respond to the letter within 7 days of receipt of the same.
2. His Central Contract has been suspended with immediate effect. Consequently, all NOCs granted to him have been revoked.
3. All payments on account of Central Contract have been suspended.