PCB thinking of roping in foreign curators
Karachi: In a bid to make its domestic structure more competitive, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is contemplating inviting foreign curators to prepare sporting pitches in the country.
Former Test batsman Haroon Rasheed, who is now Director of Game Development in the Board, said that there was a clear direction to make domestic cricket more competitive by improving quality of pitches and grounds.
"There is a plan to invite some foreign curators to prepare new pitches which are more sporting and result oriented. In the past we have had foreign curators coming over to Pakistan and it is something that can help our cricket move forward," Rasheed said.
The PCB this week unveiled a new domestic structure with its first class cricket divided into two divisions and once again the departments and regional teams playing together.
Last season the Board had held separate first class events for departments and regions.
This season the top six departments and top six regions will compete in division one Quaid-E-Azam trophy while next ranked departments and regions will slug it would in division 2 with a promotion and relegation system in place.
Haroon said the main idea was to allow players of regional teams to compete against established players of the departmental sides so that new talent is unearthed and groomed properly.
He also said that the PCB was also making attempts to make the regional teams financially more independent by getting sponsors for each of them.
"This would also allow the board and regions to pay their players well."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!