PCB to build international cricket stadium in Islamabad
Islamabad: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and the Capital Development Authority (CDA) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to build an international standard cricket stadium and an academy in Islamabad.
The MoU was signed with the Prime Minister’s Task Force on Islamabad chairman Faisal Sakhi Butt, PCB chairman Chaudhry Zaka Ashraf and CDA chairman Engineer Farkhand Iqbal.
The CDA has already handed over 35 acres of land to the PCB in Shakarparian near Faizabad, reports the Daily Times.
Zaka Ashraf said, “The efforts of President Asif Ali Zardari and the cooperation of the CDA must be lauded in promotion of sports. The cricket academy will serve as a regional hub for training people from Khyber Pakhtunkhaw, Azad Jammu and Kashmir and FATA.”
Sakhi Butt said it was another milestone of the government in its efforts to develop sport infrastructure in the country, adding that the government had also allotted land for a golf facility near the stadium as a part of its initiative to promote sports activities in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real? Anushka Sharma – Virat Kohli spotted together with a fan – See pic
- Yes I am upset with Mika: Krushna Abhishek speaks on singer shooting for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Trending Topics: Facebook makes changes to avoid political bias
- Pothole kills young girl in Bengaluru but minister says “don't blame the government”
- Jayalalithaa's swearing-in: Ardent fan of MGR, auto-driver charges just Re 1 for all rides to celebrate win - WATCH