PCB to get Lorgat as consultant for PPL
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board has succeeded in convincing former ICC CEO Haroon Lorgat to become a consultant for its Twenty20 Premier League scheduled for next year.
A in the Board told PTI that after discussions, the PCB has convinced Lorgat to help them as a consultant/advisor on the PPL.
"Although nothing has been signed or sealed as yet but the PCB has roped in Lorgat and want to use his expertise in not only organising the PPL but also convincing international teams to resume playing in Pakistan," the source said.
He said under the agreement, when it is finalised, Lorgat will spend a few days of each month at the board headquarters in Lahore.
"Lorgat in his capacity as former ICC CEO is well respected in the cricket world and the PCB believes his input can help them organise the PPL successfully," the source said.
Lorgat had also recently visited Lahore for a day to meet with the board Chairman and chief operating officer.
Meanwhile, the board has also spoken to some sports management companies, including two from India, to provide expertise for the league which is tentatively planned for late March in 2013.
"Although the board has also given a advertisement inviting interested companies/individuals who have previous experience of organising T20 and other leagues internationally in cricket and other sports to submit their CVs by December 10, the board has also directly been speaking to some companies including two from India," the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon