PCB to get Lorgat as consultant for PPL
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board has succeeded in convincing former ICC CEO Haroon Lorgat to become a consultant for its Twenty20 Premier League scheduled for next year.
A in the Board told PTI that after discussions, the PCB has convinced Lorgat to help them as a consultant/advisor on the PPL.
"Although nothing has been signed or sealed as yet but the PCB has roped in Lorgat and want to use his expertise in not only organising the PPL but also convincing international teams to resume playing in Pakistan," the source said.
He said under the agreement, when it is finalised, Lorgat will spend a few days of each month at the board headquarters in Lahore.
"Lorgat in his capacity as former ICC CEO is well respected in the cricket world and the PCB believes his input can help them organise the PPL successfully," the source said.
Lorgat had also recently visited Lahore for a day to meet with the board Chairman and chief operating officer.
Meanwhile, the board has also spoken to some sports management companies, including two from India, to provide expertise for the league which is tentatively planned for late March in 2013.
"Although the board has also given a advertisement inviting interested companies/individuals who have previous experience of organising T20 and other leagues internationally in cricket and other sports to submit their CVs by December 10, the board has also directly been speaking to some companies including two from India," the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey