PCB to get Lorgat as consultant for PPL
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board has succeeded in convincing former ICC CEO Haroon Lorgat to become a consultant for its Twenty20 Premier League scheduled for next year.
A in the Board told PTI that after discussions, the PCB has convinced Lorgat to help them as a consultant/advisor on the PPL.
"Although nothing has been signed or sealed as yet but the PCB has roped in Lorgat and want to use his expertise in not only organising the PPL but also convincing international teams to resume playing in Pakistan," the source said.
He said under the agreement, when it is finalised, Lorgat will spend a few days of each month at the board headquarters in Lahore.
"Lorgat in his capacity as former ICC CEO is well respected in the cricket world and the PCB believes his input can help them organise the PPL successfully," the source said.
Lorgat had also recently visited Lahore for a day to meet with the board Chairman and chief operating officer.
Meanwhile, the board has also spoken to some sports management companies, including two from India, to provide expertise for the league which is tentatively planned for late March in 2013.
"Although the board has also given a advertisement inviting interested companies/individuals who have previous experience of organising T20 and other leagues internationally in cricket and other sports to submit their CVs by December 10, the board has also directly been speaking to some companies including two from India," the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion