PCB to hold T20 league in March
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is set to hold its proposed super league T20 tournament, named Pakistan Priemer League, in March this year.
A source in PCB has revealed that tentatively the super league has been planned from March 24 in Lahore, a day after Pakistan`s tour to South Africa ends.
"The chairman of the board, Zaka Ashraf is expected to unveil league`s logo on Thursday," the source said.
PCB has already formed a secretariat to run the T20 event. Former banker, Sarwar Salman Butt has been appointed as the managing director while the board is also paying former ICC executive Haroon Lorgat USD 25,000 monthly to work as advisor for the tournament, the source said.
An Indian company has also been acting as consultant for the board on the league.
"The PCB has made up its mind to go ahead with the super league in March and Lorgat, the Indian company and the executive director Badar Rafai were using their contacts to to sign overseas players," the source said.
"The PCB is hopeful that particularly the involvement of Lorgat as tournament consultant and advisor will have long term benefits for them and they should be able to attract some notable players for the event."
The super league will start after the Pakistan`s tour to South Africa ends in March while the Indian Premier League begins in the first week of April.
The source said it had been decided to have five franchises for the league.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31