PCB to hold T20 league in March
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is set to hold its proposed super league T20 tournament, named Pakistan Priemer League, in March this year.
A source in PCB has revealed that tentatively the super league has been planned from March 24 in Lahore, a day after Pakistan`s tour to South Africa ends.
"The chairman of the board, Zaka Ashraf is expected to unveil league`s logo on Thursday," the source said.
PCB has already formed a secretariat to run the T20 event. Former banker, Sarwar Salman Butt has been appointed as the managing director while the board is also paying former ICC executive Haroon Lorgat USD 25,000 monthly to work as advisor for the tournament, the source said.
An Indian company has also been acting as consultant for the board on the league.
"The PCB has made up its mind to go ahead with the super league in March and Lorgat, the Indian company and the executive director Badar Rafai were using their contacts to to sign overseas players," the source said.
"The PCB is hopeful that particularly the involvement of Lorgat as tournament consultant and advisor will have long term benefits for them and they should be able to attract some notable players for the event."
The super league will start after the Pakistan`s tour to South Africa ends in March while the Indian Premier League begins in the first week of April.
The source said it had been decided to have five franchises for the league.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply