PCB to present ICC with ‘improved security’ plan
Islamabad: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) would be making a presentation to the International Cricket Council (ICC), focusing on the improved security in Pakistan since the 2009 terror attack on the Sri Lanka cricket team.
According to reports, the PCB had hired a counter-terrorism expert to explain to the ICC about the improved security situation in Pakistan so that they can host international teams again.
According to a source, the PCB had realized the amount of work needed to convince different cricketing boards about providing a tangible security blanket for the visiting cricketers to Pakistan, after they contacted the different boards in connection with seeking no objection certificates (NOC) for players for Pakistan Super League.
Recently, Pakistan had to postpone its proposed Twenty20 league as no country was ready to issue NOCs to its players to play in the Pakistan Super League (PSL).
International cricket in Pakistan had been suspended after gunmen attacked the Sri Lanka team bus in 2009 as it was heading towards Gaddafi Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you