PCB to send delegation to India next week to assess arrangements ahead of tour
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) will send a four-member delegation to India, including a representative from the ministry of foreign affairs, by next week to assess arrangements for the upcoming ODI series. The delegation will include PCB manager international cricket Usman Wahlia, director of security and vigilance Ehsan Sadiq and national team security manager Colonel Wasim Ahmed, reports the Daily Times.
According to sources in the PCB, visa applications for the delegation have already been sent to the Indian High Commission for processing and approval. "The ministry has sent the name of its representative to the board which has also informed the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) about the names of its delegation and it is awaiting a response from the Indian board," the sources added. The PCB had decided to send the delegation ahead of the tour to not only inspect the hotel and ground arrangements for the Pakistan team but also the security protocol, which will be kept in place for the visiting players. "The delegation will be looking at the security arrangements with the hosts to ensure better coordination during the tour," the sources further said.
The delegation would visit match venues in New Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Chennai. The Pakistan team are due to reach India on December 22 to begin their tour of two T20 matches and three one-day internationals, which will mark the first bilateral series between the two countries after five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing