PCB to send four-member delegation ahead of India tour
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board will send a four-member delegation to India some time next week to assess arrangements for the upcoming ODI series, and it will include a representative from the ministry of foreign affairs.
Sources in the board said today that visa applications for the delegation had already been sent to the Indian High Commission for processing and approval.
The delegation will include the PCB manager international cricket, Usman Wahlia, the director of security and vigilance, Ehsan Sadiq and the national team security manager, Colonel Wasim Ahmed.
"The ministry has sent the name of its representative to the board which has also informed the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) about the names of its delegation and it is awaiting a response from the Indian board," a source said.
The PCB had decided to send the delegation ahead of the tour to not only inspect the hotel and ground arrangements for the Pakistan team but also the security protocol, which will be kept in place for the visiting players.
"The delegation will be looking at the security arrangements with the hosts to ensure better coordination during the tour," the source added.
He said the delegation will visit match venues in New Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Chennai.
The Pakistan team is due to reach India on December 22 to began its short tour of two T20 matches and three One-day Internationals, which will mark the first bilateral series between the two countries after five years.
Although the PCB has said that it has full confidence in the security that will be provided to its team in India, threats from some sections to disrupt the tour have prompted the board to send a delegation to coordinate arrangements with the hosts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees