PCB waiting for BCB response on postponed tour
Lahore: Pakistan Cricket Board is waiting for an official response from their Bangladeshi counterparts on its request to try and vacate the stay order of the Dhaka High Court which has prevented the Bangladesh team from touring Pakistan this month.
Sources in the PCB said the Board was still waiting for a response from the BCB on the last letter sent to them, urging them to file an appeal to the stay order.
"We really don`t know what is happening because in our last letter we had made it clear that we feel that the stay order given by the Dhaka High Court against Bangladesh touring Pakistan can be vacated," one PCB source said.
He said the PCB had requested the BCB to keep it updated and share details of any appeal it filed against the writ petition in the Dhaka High Court.
But the BCB has not made any contact with the PCB on the issue and it appeared as if the Bangladesh team`s tour was now a thing of the past, the source said.
The Bangladesh team`s scheduled tour of Pakistan later this month was postponed last week after some citizens and former players filed a writ petition in the Dhaka High Court insisting it was not safe for the Bangladesh team to tour Pakistan.
The PCB in a press release had said that its legal advisors had studied the writ petition filed in the Dhaka High Court and believed prima facie the writ petition was devoid of merit and has been filed against public interest which will be detrimental to the game of cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman