PCB worried about Pak team`s CLT20 participation
Karachi: The rising tension at the Line of Control (LOC) has left the Pakistan Cricket Board worried about the participation of its team Faisalabad Wolves in the qualifying round of the Champions League Twenty20 to be played in India from September 17.
A senior PCB official said they would start the procedure for obtaining visas for the Faisalabad team after the Eid holidays.
"We have been reading reports about stories in the Indian media regarding the participation of the Faisalabad team in the Champions League and we want to be sure they will be no problems in their going to India," the official told to media.
"We have collected the passports of the Faisalabad players and after the Eid holidays we will start the process for obtaining visas for them," the official said."
"We will be in touch with the Indian board and we are hopeful there should be no problems in the team getting visas," he added.
The official also confirmed that so far the PCB has got no advice from the government on sending the team to India.
"Our government`s policy has been clear on sporting ties with India," he noted.
In an audacious and provocative attack, Pakistani troops entered Indian territory along the Line of Control in the Poonch sector in Jammu and Kashmir on August 5 and ambushed a patrol killing five Indian soldiers, leading to rise in tension at the LOC.
The Faisalabad team is led by Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq who is expected to directly fly to India from Zimbabwe to join the team.
Last year, the BCCI had allowed Pakistan to send their champion Twenty20 team to the Champions League qualifying rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj