PCB’s acting chairman Najam Sethi threatens to quit
Karachi: Najam Sethi, caretaker chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), said on Tuesday he would quit if the courts continued to interfere with his job.
Sethi has been stopped by the Islamabad High Court from carrying out his full duties and ordered to hold new board elections.
"I can`t pick the chief selector nor any of the selectors or take any decisions for Pakistan cricket," he told a news channel.
"No one is listening to us and we have a series against South Africa ahead of us," he added in reference to next month`s matches in the United Arab Emirates.
"We have challenged the court decision and it will be heard on the 23rd of this month. If for some reason the hearing is not held I will then go to the Prime Minister.
"I will give him my resignation because I can`t afford to carry on like this," said Sethi.
In July, the court prevented Sethi from exercising his full duties after he was appointed acting chairman by the government.
The court had earlier declared as null and void the election of Zaka Ashraf as PCB chairman in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP