Perth Test: Proteas pacers targeting early wickets of ‘in-form’ Clarke, Hussey
Sydney: South African fast bowler Rory Kleinveldt has said team’s pace men would look to get in form Australia Michael Clarke and Michael Hussey out cheaply in the final Test match at Perth.
Clarke and Hussey are in raging-hot form, but aside from openers Ed Cowan and David Warner taking it in turns to score tons, Australia’s top four have been shaky this series and the skipper batting at No.5 has found himself at the crease early in the innings.
Confirmed on Monday as the No.1 batsman in Test cricket, Clarke has made back-to-back double tons to start the series, and Hussey has been right there with him, combining for consecutive double century partnerships with Clarke, and posting two fine hundreds of his own.
Kleinveldt hinted at plenty of time being spent with bowling coach Allan Donald this week to perfect tactics.
“We have to look at plans to get Clarke and Hussey out early,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Kleinveldt, as saying.
“They’ve been a massive thorn in our side. If we can come up with a plan and get them out early, we’ll have a massive chance of winning,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings