Phil Hughes set to earn new CA contract
Sydney: Phil Hughes is set to become Australia’s million-dollar, go-to man across all formats, as he will earn promotion to Cricket Australia’s (CA) 17-man contract list.
The list included retired Ricky Ponting and Michael Hussey among just five specialist batsmen for 2012-13.
Annual CA base deals are worth 230,000 dollars, but a chosen few playing all forms like opener David Warner and now keeper Matthew Wade can rake in minimum 1million dollars deals, News.com.au reports.
All-rounder Shane Watson currently features across all forms, but his suspect body is jeopardising a five million dollars annual income from CA and the Indian Premier League plus endorsements, the report said.
According to the report, filling the Hussey void will be difficult, averaging 51 over 71 Tests, 48 in 185 one-dayers and 37 across 38 Twenty20 starts for Australia, but national selectors hope Hughes is their man.
Hughes dramatically enhanced his scoring arc in a definitive stint with County side Worcestershire, boasting a T20 average of 100 and making 498 one-day runs at 83.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy