Phil Hughes set to earn new CA contract
Sydney: Phil Hughes is set to become Australia’s million-dollar, go-to man across all formats, as he will earn promotion to Cricket Australia’s (CA) 17-man contract list.
The list included retired Ricky Ponting and Michael Hussey among just five specialist batsmen for 2012-13.
Annual CA base deals are worth 230,000 dollars, but a chosen few playing all forms like opener David Warner and now keeper Matthew Wade can rake in minimum 1million dollars deals, News.com.au reports.
All-rounder Shane Watson currently features across all forms, but his suspect body is jeopardising a five million dollars annual income from CA and the Indian Premier League plus endorsements, the report said.
According to the report, filling the Hussey void will be difficult, averaging 51 over 71 Tests, 48 in 185 one-dayers and 37 across 38 Twenty20 starts for Australia, but national selectors hope Hughes is their man.
Hughes dramatically enhanced his scoring arc in a definitive stint with County side Worcestershire, boasting a T20 average of 100 and making 498 one-day runs at 83.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?