Phil Hughes set to earn new CA contract
Sydney: Phil Hughes is set to become Australia’s million-dollar, go-to man across all formats, as he will earn promotion to Cricket Australia’s (CA) 17-man contract list.
The list included retired Ricky Ponting and Michael Hussey among just five specialist batsmen for 2012-13.
Annual CA base deals are worth 230,000 dollars, but a chosen few playing all forms like opener David Warner and now keeper Matthew Wade can rake in minimum 1million dollars deals, News.com.au reports.
All-rounder Shane Watson currently features across all forms, but his suspect body is jeopardising a five million dollars annual income from CA and the Indian Premier League plus endorsements, the report said.
According to the report, filling the Hussey void will be difficult, averaging 51 over 71 Tests, 48 in 185 one-dayers and 37 across 38 Twenty20 starts for Australia, but national selectors hope Hughes is their man.
Hughes dramatically enhanced his scoring arc in a definitive stint with County side Worcestershire, boasting a T20 average of 100 and making 498 one-day runs at 83.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown