Phil Hughes set to earn new CA contract
Sydney: Phil Hughes is set to become Australia’s million-dollar, go-to man across all formats, as he will earn promotion to Cricket Australia’s (CA) 17-man contract list.
The list included retired Ricky Ponting and Michael Hussey among just five specialist batsmen for 2012-13.
Annual CA base deals are worth 230,000 dollars, but a chosen few playing all forms like opener David Warner and now keeper Matthew Wade can rake in minimum 1million dollars deals, News.com.au reports.
All-rounder Shane Watson currently features across all forms, but his suspect body is jeopardising a five million dollars annual income from CA and the Indian Premier League plus endorsements, the report said.
According to the report, filling the Hussey void will be difficult, averaging 51 over 71 Tests, 48 in 185 one-dayers and 37 across 38 Twenty20 starts for Australia, but national selectors hope Hughes is their man.
Hughes dramatically enhanced his scoring arc in a definitive stint with County side Worcestershire, boasting a T20 average of 100 and making 498 one-day runs at 83.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss