Philander continues to rise in ICC Rankings
Dubai: South Africa pacer Vernon Philander continued to move upward in the ICC Player Rankings for Test bowlers after inspiring his side to an innings and 81 runs victory over Sri Lanka in the first Test at Centurion.
Philander was not only adjudged man of the match for his maiden 10-wicket haul, he has also been rewarded with a jump of 12 places which has now put him in the 28th position.
The man of the match award was 26-year-old`s second in three Tests, who now has 24 wickets to his credit.
Other bowlers improving their rankings include Chanaka Welegedara (up by four to 41st) Imran Tahir (up by 17 to 93rd), Thisara Perera (up by 25 to 110th) and Angelo Mathews (up by seven to 111th).
In the ICC Player Rankings for Test batsmen, South Africa`s AB de Villiers and Mark Boucher are the biggest movers.
De Villiers, who scored 99, has moved up six places to become South Africa`s second best batsman after Jacques Kallis (second) in seventh position. Boucher, who scored 65, has gained two places and is now in 50th spot.
Notable batsmen to slip in the latest rankings are Hashim Amla (down by five to 10th), Graeme Smith (down by one to 12th), Mahela Jayawardena (down by one to 24th) and Tillekeratne Dilshan (down by three to 36th).
Kumar Sangakkara`s rare double failure at Centurion means his lead at the top of the table has been trimmed from 29 points to just five ratings points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official