Piers Morgan barely survives `lively` pace attack from `foe` Lee despite `arrogant` claims
Sydney: British journalist and talk-show host Piers Morgan has reportedly `just about` survived a lively pace attack from Australian legend Brett Lee in the nets at the MCG after arrogantly claiming that he can `ruin a great Australian career and legend`.
Morgan copped a beating, with at least three deliveries hitting him in the body although he kept coming and tried to attack Lee, even if he was never able to get anywhere near the ball.
According to a leading website, Morgan`s efforts earned him a round of applause from the big crowd watching on, including the current Australian pace attack who were not offered the opportunity to have a go.
Morgan later claimed that he would have a `few bruises tonight` despite operating at `80 percent capacity`, and he commended Lee, saying that the once fastest bowler in the world did well as he did not back away from his `attack`.
It was the part of a challenge laid down by Lee after Morgan questioned the courage of England`s batsmen in the face of an onslaught from Mitchell Johnson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video