Pietersen confirms fitness for Ashes after knee injury
Johannesburg: England batsman Kevin Pietersen who has not played since March owing to knee injury has confirmed that he will be returning to the team and aim for the Ashes series.
Pietersen has said that he will return with the Surrey in their County Championship fixture against Yorkshire in the next week.
This fixture has been considered a comeback for Pietersen who will get a chance to prove his fitness for the first Ashes Test against Australia on July 10.
Although Surrey is due to announce the team till Thursday Pietersen is confident of playing against Yorkshire which will be first of the two matches after which, if deemed fit, he can aim to feature for England in their warm-up clash with Essex before the five-Test Ashes series gets underway.
Pietersen had been briefly dropped from the side during last year`s series against South Africa on charges of sending text messages critical of then England captain Andrew Strauss to players of the opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees