Pietersen denies saying his career was "on the way down"
Pietermaritzburg: England batsman Kevin Pietersen dismissed a newspaper report quoting him as saying he was "on the way down" as a cricketer, saying his words had been taken out of context.
"I was only talking about my age, nothing else," Pietersen, 30, told Reuters on Friday before playing a game for the KwaZulu-Natal Dolphins.
Pietersen, who has not scored a Test century since March 2009, had been quoted as saying on the website of Britain`s Daily Mirror (www.mirror.co.uk): "I have probably got to the top of the fence and am on the way down."
Pietersen is in South Africa to play two first-class matches for the Durban-based Dolphins in an effort to regain his form before England`s five-Test Ashes series against Australia starting in Brisbane on Nov. 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!