Pietersen `in mood` for Ashes showdown, says ODI coach Giles
London: England`s one-day coach Ashley Giles has said that England star batsman Kevin Pietersen seemed very upbeat and looked forward to the rest of the summer, adding that a happy Pietersen would be dangerous for the rival Australians during the Ashes.
According to The Sun, Pietersen`s first home match for England, a Twenty20 fixture against New Zealand at The Oval, since last summer`s bust-up over his texts to South African players, had to be abandoned after just two deliveries due to rain.
However, Giles said that he can sense that Pietersen is in the mood for a big Ashes series after having him in the dressing room for a couple of days.
According to Giles, a player is dragged down and affected both physically and mentally after he is injured, which is what happened with Pietersen, although he added that the batsman seemed to have no hang-ups from his injuries or previous issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra