Pietersen `in mood` for Ashes showdown, says ODI coach Giles
London: England`s one-day coach Ashley Giles has said that England star batsman Kevin Pietersen seemed very upbeat and looked forward to the rest of the summer, adding that a happy Pietersen would be dangerous for the rival Australians during the Ashes.
According to The Sun, Pietersen`s first home match for England, a Twenty20 fixture against New Zealand at The Oval, since last summer`s bust-up over his texts to South African players, had to be abandoned after just two deliveries due to rain.
However, Giles said that he can sense that Pietersen is in the mood for a big Ashes series after having him in the dressing room for a couple of days.
According to Giles, a player is dragged down and affected both physically and mentally after he is injured, which is what happened with Pietersen, although he added that the batsman seemed to have no hang-ups from his injuries or previous issues.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India