Pietersen `in mood` for Ashes showdown, says ODI coach Giles
London: England`s one-day coach Ashley Giles has said that England star batsman Kevin Pietersen seemed very upbeat and looked forward to the rest of the summer, adding that a happy Pietersen would be dangerous for the rival Australians during the Ashes.
According to The Sun, Pietersen`s first home match for England, a Twenty20 fixture against New Zealand at The Oval, since last summer`s bust-up over his texts to South African players, had to be abandoned after just two deliveries due to rain.
However, Giles said that he can sense that Pietersen is in the mood for a big Ashes series after having him in the dressing room for a couple of days.
According to Giles, a player is dragged down and affected both physically and mentally after he is injured, which is what happened with Pietersen, although he added that the batsman seemed to have no hang-ups from his injuries or previous issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH