Pietersen plotting T20 return
London: Kevin Pietersen is in talks with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) over a possible return to one-day cricket, which would make him eligible to participate in the Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka in September.
It is understood that Pietersen’s representatives met with ECB officials this week as the selectors prepared to choose their 30-man squad for the World Cup, as it has to be submitted to the International Cricket Council (ICC)
Pietersen announced his retirement from one-day international cricket just six weeks ago he made it clear he still wanted to play Twenty20 cricket for England but was prevented from doing so by the terms of his central contract, which state a player has to be available for all forms of one-day cricket
The ECB has refused to comment on the meeting on Thursday, but sources claim the board and coach Andy Flower will not back down from their hard-line stance, a newspaper reports.
Pietersen had earlier refused to ruled out making a comeback in the one-day format, and had expressed hope that some kind of compromise formula with ECB could be arranged, which would clear his way for playing T20 cricket for England.
Time is running out for this tournament with the selectors meeting on Friday to choose the 30-man squad, which has to be trimmed to 15 by Aug 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan