Pietersen returns to England`s Test squad for India tour
London: The England selectors today announced that Kevin Pietersen has been added to the Test squad for the forthcoming tour of India.
The decision was made after Pietersen met with Andy Flower, Alastair Cook and a number of other senior players and members of England team management in Oxford earlier this week.
"We were keen that Kevin should hold a series of face-to-face meetings with team management and senior players before the Test squad departs for the UAE and India next week. “The meetings were constructive and cordial and all outstanding issues have been resolved. All the England players and management are now keen to draw a line under this matter and fully focus on the cricketing challenge that lies ahead in India,” said ECB Managing Director Hugh Morris
“We are pleased to welcome a player of Kevin`s proven international caliber back into the Test squad for such an important Test series. As we anticipate that Ian Bell will return home for the birth of his first child around the time of the 2nd Test in Mumbai, the team will benefit from having an extra batsman in the squad and all players who were originally selected for the tour will fly out as planned next week. Kevin will join up with the squad as soon as his Champions League commitments are complete,” added ECB National Selector Geoff Miller.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Only 15% water left in major reservoirs in India; west, south worst hit'
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner