Pietersen ruled out of Champions Trophy squad
London: In a major setback to the England team, controversial batsman Kevin Pietersen has been ruled out the squad for the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy after a slower-than-expected recovery from a knee injury.
However, Pietersen is expected to be back in full training by the middle of June, making him available for the Ashes series against Australia that starts on July 10. According to the England and Wales Cricket Board, although a repeat MRI scan on Pietersen`s injured right knee has shown some improvement in the bruising to the bone, but that will not have healed sufficiently for him to feature in the Champions Trophy, which begins on June 6.
Pietersen has already been ruled out of the two-test series against New Zealand in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?