Pietersen`s future with England to be `clarified` after IPL announces `retained` lists
London: Controversial England batsman Kevin Pietersen`s Indian Premier League (IPL) status may reportedly shed some light on his playing future with his team after the IPL franchises announce their retained list for the forthcoming campaign. On Friday.
Pietersen`s interest in the lucrative Twenty20 tournament frequently strained relations with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), although central contracts now contain leeway for IPL participation.
According to The Guardian, however, after the 5-0 humiliation in the Ashes, England may prefer its players to shun the IPL in favour of county cricket, and if the Delhi Daredevils, with whom Pietersen is affiliated, choose to extend the relationship, he could miss five County Championship fixtures.
However, if Pietersen is not selected by Delhi Daredevils, then it would open up the intriguing possibility of the 104-Test veteran making a very public case for a place in England`s summer Test plans.
Pietersen`s Surrey contract is linked directly to his ECB deal, automatically renewing when he re-signs and expiring when he does not, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...