Pietersen, Swann may miss upcoming Tests against Kiwis: Miller
London: England’s national selector Geoffrey Miller has warned that players Kevin Pietersen and Graeme Swann may miss the two Tests against New Zealand beginning on May 16 as they still continue to recover from their respective injuries. Pietersen is resting a knee injury which forced him to fly home from England`s tour to New Zealand last month, missing the final Test of the series, while Swann was absent for all three Tests so he could have an elbow operation.
Stating that Pietersen is more likely to miss the Tests than Swann, Miller said that the player is being monitored by the medical staff of the team, adding that depth is necessary in the team as injuries are bound to happen with an increased intensity of international cricket. According to Miller, the selectors will discuss the addition of Pieterson in the squad against the Kiwis after determining the extent of his injuries. However, Miller further said that that Swann still has a chance to make the Tests given his confidence and vitality, although he added that his workload will be managed keeping his mind his recovery period.
Nevertheless, Miller is more hopeful about the fitness of Pietersen and Swann for the ICC Champions Trophy that begins in England in early June. Miller has been casting his eye over the first round of County Championship matches, visiting Edgbaston and Trent Bridge for the first two days of the season, with a visit to Old Trafford planned today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video