Pietersen to join ESPN-STAR analysis team for T20 World Cup
New Delhi: Ousted from the England squad, controversial batsman Kevin Pietersen will trade his willow for a microphone in the upcoming Twenty20 World Championships as he has been signed by the event`s official broadcasters ESPN-STAR Sports for a "presentation and analysis" stint.
"In addition, Pietersen will also play an important role in the publicity and promotion of ESS`s broadcast of ICC World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka," the channel said in a statement.
Pietersen was ignored for the England team despite being a T20 player of repute after he fell out of favour with the ECB for sending controversial text messages to South African players in which he criticised England captain Andrew Strauss and coach Andy Flower.
Pietersen was player of the tournament at the last edition of ICC World Twenty20 tournament held in West Indies in 2010.
"This places him as one of the most suitable persons to give insightful perspective on this iconic T20 tournament, a format in which he has excelled as a player, thus further enhancing coverage of the ICC World Twenty20 for passionate cricket fans,"
Pietersen, who played for Delhi Daredevils earlier this year, said, "I am very excited about working with ESPN STAR Sports covering the ICC World Twenty20 watching England defend their title."
ESS will soon be making further announcements on its presentation features and full line-up of commentators for the forthcoming ICC World Twenty20
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked