Pietersen to miss Australia’s Twenty20 Big Bash
Melbourne: England batsman Kevin Pietersen has said he has no plans to play in Australia`s Twenty20 Big Bash League following his retirement from one-day international cricket.
England’s mercurial batsman insisted on Sunday that he had no option but to quit ODIs last week because he risked falling out of love with cricket and he wants to keep playing Tests for at least four more years.
It means he will play no part in the forthcoming month of limited-overs cricket against the West Indies and Australia, any more future 50-over fixtures or England’s defence of its World Twenty20 title in Sri Lanka.
He said he would not add Australia’s competition to a Twenty20 portfolio that includes the Indian Premier League and Surrey.
Pietersen also said on Sunday he still wanted to help England defend their World Twenty20 title in Sri Lanka in September, despite announcing his retirement from limited overs internationals.
The South Africa-born batsman was man of the tournament when England won the World Twenty20 in the Caribbean two years ago.