Pietersen’s ‘date with destiny’ set for Saturday
London: The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) would meet Kevin Pietersen on Saturday in an attempt to solve the ongoing row between them.
Pietersen is believed to have agreed to a meeting with Andy Flower and Hugh Morris, the managing director of the England team, as the two sides try to solve their differences.
Both sides insist the meeting has to take place ‘behind closed doors’.
Flower and Morris will lead the negotiations on the ECB’s behalf before Alastair Cook, the new Test captain, takes a role.
The issue of the messages Kevin Pietersen sent to the South African team will be high on the agenda but will be far from easy to solve, as it is believed many of the exchanges were conducted not via text message but through the instant messaging system of Blackberry messenger and none have been stored.
Many sportsmen and celebrities use blackberry messenger as a method of exchange because a user can set the phone up to not store old messages, making it safer if the handset is lost or stolen.
Pietersen is believed to have contacted the ECB to set up the meeting which fits in between England’s one-day internationals in London this weekend and Surrey’s fixtures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan