Pietersen’s problem is a ‘media propaganda’: Murali
London: Spin legend Muttiah Muralitharan believes that the much talked about England batsman Kevin Pietersen’s problem against left-arm spin is nothing but a media propaganda.
“I can’t talk about his problem against left-arm spin because I think it is really media propaganda,” a website quoted Murali, as saying.
Pietersen burst onto the international scene against Australia in 2005 and really looked the part, averaging over 50 and smashing ten centuries in his first 33 Tests.
That average is still 48.04, but the hundreds have dried up.
His dismissal by Rangana Herath in the Cardiff Test was the 19th time he had fallen at the hands of a left-arm spinner in 61 innings.
Muralitharan, who has dismissed the South African-born batsman six times, also believes Pietersen can rise again and his problems can be overcome.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'