Pietersen’s problem is a ‘media propaganda’: Murali
London: Spin legend Muttiah Muralitharan believes that the much talked about England batsman Kevin Pietersen’s problem against left-arm spin is nothing but a media propaganda.
“I can’t talk about his problem against left-arm spin because I think it is really media propaganda,” a website quoted Murali, as saying.
Pietersen burst onto the international scene against Australia in 2005 and really looked the part, averaging over 50 and smashing ten centuries in his first 33 Tests.
That average is still 48.04, but the hundreds have dried up.
His dismissal by Rangana Herath in the Cardiff Test was the 19th time he had fallen at the hands of a left-arm spinner in 61 innings.
Muralitharan, who has dismissed the South African-born batsman six times, also believes Pietersen can rise again and his problems can be overcome.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical