Pitch curator promises high scoring 4th ODI
Indore: The curator who prepared the pitch at Gwalior last year when Sachin Tendulkar stroked his way to an unbeaten double century has promised a high-scoring clash when India takes on West Indies in the fourth ODI at the Holkar Stadium here on Thursday.
"It`s going to be a batting track full of runs," said Samundar Singh Chauhan ahead of the fourth ODI in the series in which India lead 2-1 following West Indians` superb 16-run victory in the third game at Ahmedabad last night.
"I have started the pitch preparations on the 25th (November)," he added.
Asked whether a score of 300 was possible, Chauhan said: "A score of 300 can be set as well as chased but it depends on how the team goes around it."
It was Chauhan who had prepared the pitch at the Roop Singh Stadium for the February 24, 2010 ODI between India and South Africa where Tendulkar had scored a record double ton, a feat that has not been repeated since.
Tendulkar had notched up an incandescent 200 not out in India`s massive total of 401 for 3 against the Proteas. The South Africans were then shot out for 248 as India raked up a massive 153-run victory.
Tendulkar has skipped the current ODI series against West Indies and is scheduled to leave for Australia alongwith other senior players such as Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman.
Chauhan was also the curator when the master batsman completed 10,000 ODI runs at this city in 2001 at the old multi-purpose Nehru Stadium.
Tendulkar had scored 139, requiring 34 to become the first-ever player to climb the 10,000-run summit in ODIs, in India`s big score of 299 for eight against Australia.
On that occasion too the team that batted second, Australia, slumped to a massive defeat by replying with a paltry 181 all out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in