Pitch to favour batsmen, but bowlers would get bounce: Parsana
Ahmedabad:The pitch at the Sardar Patel stadium, venue of the third ODI between West Indies and India here on Sunday, would be good for batting but the bowlers too would be able to extract pace from the wicket, feels curator Dhiraj Parsana.
"The wicket here has always been good for batting. But the bowlers would also have a good time I believe as they would be able to get good pace," Parsana told mediapersons here.
"The side which wins the toss should bat first," he said.
Parsana felt the dew factor would not affect the result of the match.
"The dew factor comes into play only in the second session of play in a day and night match here. Also, efforts have been made to keep the dew to the minimum," he said.
"We have stopped watering the field three days prior to the match and have also sprayed a special kind of chemical. Also the grass on the pitch will be cut, he added.
The stadium with a capacity of over 50 thousand, has been witness to some memorable Indian feats, including Sunil Gavaskar`s 10,000 Test runs against Pakistan in 1986-87 and Kapil Dev 432nd victim to go past Richard Hadlee as Test cricket`s leading wicket-taker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love