PlayUp with Waugh and Sharma to boost fan engagement in IPL 5
PlayUp, a social network application for sports fans on Thursday announced the launch of Cricket Empires, which will have expert inputs from Australian legend Steve Waugh and Indian Cricket star Rohit Sharma.
Cricket Empires is the first truly social game built for Cricket, designed to revolutionise the experience around the fifth edition of the Indian Premier League.
"Cricket Empires is an effort to let fans immerse themselves in the entire Cricket ecosystem. With a deeper understanding of the nitty-gritty comes a deeper appreciation of and bonding with the game," said Steve Waugh, one of the key stakeholders in the PlayUp business.
PlayUp brand ambassador Rohit Sharma also expressed his excitement at the launch of Cricket Empires and said he was certain fan engagement around IPL would reach a crescendo.
Available across Facebook and mobile devices, this innovative game experience will provide fans the opportunity to flaunt their passion for Cricket to their social graph.
This app puts users in an immersive world that they can develop as they progress through the game. Users have two main assets-their Sports City and their Teams.
To create their teams they can choose their 16 from among the latest generation of international and domestic players.
Fans create their perfect Empire with the addition of facilities such as stadiums, gymnasiums, team offices and training centers.
Users can also challenge their friends to matches and establish their cricketing superiority. Real world performances, for instance, affect the popularity and demand for players within the game and fans need to adjust their Super-16 accordingly.
Cricket Empires will be launched as a public beta in early March with a full release to follow in time for the new IPL season. Users can enjoy the application on popular Social Media platforms and from their smartphones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside