"Please Come Again", Mamta Banerjee tells Sachin Tendulkar at close of play
Kolkata: As he bid adieu to the hallowed Eden Gardens turf for one last time, Sachin Tendulkar was requested by an emotional West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee today to come again as the guest of the state.
"Abar eso (please come again)," Banerjee told Tendulkar in Bengali showering the legend with gifts and a painting made by her.
For Sachin Tendulkar, who grabbed all the attention in the first of his two-Test farewell series against the West Indies, the win inside three days proved to be much needed boon.
The maestro, who will retire playing his 200th Test at his home ground Wankhede Stadium in the last Test beginning November 14, was the first to leave for Mumbai as he took a 7.40pm flight to be back home with his family.
"He left alone while the rest of the team members will take an afternoon flight tomorrow," the local team manager said today.
Bengal pacer Mohammad Shami made a fairytale Test debut at his `home ground` as his match haul of nine wickets in the second innings blew the West Indies away who collapsed for 168 inside three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!