PM congratulates Tendulkar on his historic ton
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday congratulated iconic cricketer Sachin Tendulkar for achieving a historic 100th international century against Bangladesh during an Asia Cup match in Mirpur.
"I join the nation in congratulating Sachin Tendulkar on making a historic hundred centuries. He has made India proud," a release from the PMO stated.
The PM described the 38-year-old batting great as an epitome of class and character and said he would continue to inspire generations to come.
"Tendulkar`s long career has been a triumph of class, character and courage. Wish him many more innings and feats to continue inspiring the youth," he said.
Tendulkar on Friday achieved a rare feat by becoming the first cricketer to accumulate a century of centuries when he tapped a Shakib Al Hasan delivery to fine leg to bring up his maiden ton against Bangladesh in the ongoing four-nation Asia Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her