PM congratulates Tendulkar on his historic ton
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday congratulated iconic cricketer Sachin Tendulkar for achieving a historic 100th international century against Bangladesh during an Asia Cup match in Mirpur.
"I join the nation in congratulating Sachin Tendulkar on making a historic hundred centuries. He has made India proud," a release from the PMO stated.
The PM described the 38-year-old batting great as an epitome of class and character and said he would continue to inspire generations to come.
"Tendulkar`s long career has been a triumph of class, character and courage. Wish him many more innings and feats to continue inspiring the youth," he said.
Tendulkar on Friday achieved a rare feat by becoming the first cricketer to accumulate a century of centuries when he tapped a Shakib Al Hasan delivery to fine leg to bring up his maiden ton against Bangladesh in the ongoing four-nation Asia Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role
- Uttarakhand forest fires show signs of abating
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in