PM congratulates Tendulkar on his historic ton
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday congratulated iconic cricketer Sachin Tendulkar for achieving a historic 100th international century against Bangladesh during an Asia Cup match in Mirpur.
"I join the nation in congratulating Sachin Tendulkar on making a historic hundred centuries. He has made India proud," a release from the PMO stated.
The PM described the 38-year-old batting great as an epitome of class and character and said he would continue to inspire generations to come.
"Tendulkar`s long career has been a triumph of class, character and courage. Wish him many more innings and feats to continue inspiring the youth," he said.
Tendulkar on Friday achieved a rare feat by becoming the first cricketer to accumulate a century of centuries when he tapped a Shakib Al Hasan delivery to fine leg to bring up his maiden ton against Bangladesh in the ongoing four-nation Asia Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Wimbledon: British No. 3 Kyle Edmund faces 1st round exit.
- 'Bad cholesterol not linked to elderly deaths'
- Women's Kabaddi challenge set for debut, to begin alongside men's Pro Kabaddi
- Shahid Kapoor’s on-screen cousin 'Jassi' from 'Udta Punjab' will make you go weak in the knees – Pics inside
- Woman raped by husband, his brothers in Rajasthan; Maneka Gandhi asks NCW to probe