PM congratulates Tendulkar on his historic ton
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday congratulated iconic cricketer Sachin Tendulkar for achieving a historic 100th international century against Bangladesh during an Asia Cup match in Mirpur.
"I join the nation in congratulating Sachin Tendulkar on making a historic hundred centuries. He has made India proud," a release from the PMO stated.
The PM described the 38-year-old batting great as an epitome of class and character and said he would continue to inspire generations to come.
"Tendulkar`s long career has been a triumph of class, character and courage. Wish him many more innings and feats to continue inspiring the youth," he said.
Tendulkar on Friday achieved a rare feat by becoming the first cricketer to accumulate a century of centuries when he tapped a Shakib Al Hasan delivery to fine leg to bring up his maiden ton against Bangladesh in the ongoing four-nation Asia Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday