Police case against Jagmohan Dalmiya for dishonouring national flag
A complaint was on Thursday lodged against Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) president Jagmohan Dalmiya for allegedly dishonouring the national flag, the police said.
Kolkata: A complaint was on Thursday lodged against Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) president Jagmohan Dalmiya for allegedly dishonouring the national flag, the police said.
"A case under Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, 1971 has been started in Maidan Police Station following a complaint of Kamal Dey who had accused Jagmohan Dalmiya of dishonouring the national flag," Deputy Commissioner (South) of Kolkata Police, Murlidhar Sharma, said.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Pallab Kanti Ghosh said, "we have receive a complaint against Jagmohan Dalmiya of dishonouring the national flag. We are investingating the case."
When asked to comment on the complaint, Dalmiya told PTI, "I have no knowledge about it. I don't know where this complaint has come from."
The complainant Kamal Dey said that he had lodged the complaint following the insult of national flag in CAB during Independence Day celebrations on August 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400