Pollock backs Kirsten as SA coach
Johannesburg: Former South Africa captain Shaun Pollock believes his ex-colleague Gary Kirsten`s appointment as the coach of the South African cricket team is a good move by Cricket South Africa (CSA).
The 43-year-old Kirsten, who led India to a World Cup win in April, has been given a two-year contract by CSA. Russell Domingo, the former Warriors coach, was named assistant coach, while Allan Donald will be the bowling coach.
"I am really chuffed for Gary; it really is a good move for South African cricket," Pollock was quoted as saying by a newspaper.
"I am sure the methods he used that were such a success with India, he will bring with him to the South African camp," Pollock said.
Kirsten was also delighted at his appointment.
"I`m delighted by the appointment and consider it a major honour," Kirsten said. "To coach South Africa was always going to be a massive privilege and it is something that I am humbled by and I am certainly looking forward to working with the players."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels