Pollock backs Kirsten as SA coach
Johannesburg: Former South Africa captain Shaun Pollock believes his ex-colleague Gary Kirsten`s appointment as the coach of the South African cricket team is a good move by Cricket South Africa (CSA).
The 43-year-old Kirsten, who led India to a World Cup win in April, has been given a two-year contract by CSA. Russell Domingo, the former Warriors coach, was named assistant coach, while Allan Donald will be the bowling coach.
"I am really chuffed for Gary; it really is a good move for South African cricket," Pollock was quoted as saying by a newspaper.
"I am sure the methods he used that were such a success with India, he will bring with him to the South African camp," Pollock said.
Kirsten was also delighted at his appointment.
"I`m delighted by the appointment and consider it a major honour," Kirsten said. "To coach South Africa was always going to be a massive privilege and it is something that I am humbled by and I am certainly looking forward to working with the players."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital