Ponting achieves 13,000-run landmark
Adelaide: Former Australian skipper Ricky Ponting on Tuesday became only the third batsman in the history of Test cricket to score 13,000 or more runs during his century knock against India in the fourth and final Test.
Ponting continues to be the third highest run-scorer in Test cricket behind India`s Sachin Tendulkar (15432) and Rahul Dravid (13039).
Ponting is gradually closing in on Dravid and will have a chance to topple the India batting great if he is picked for the upcoming West Indies tour.
India will play their next Test series not before September, so Ponting, upon picked, will have a good opportunity to get to the second place.
Ponting reached the landmark when he swept India off-spinner Ashwin for a single.
Test Cricket`s top-10 run getters
SR Tendulkar- 15432
R Ponting- 13039
J Kallis - 12260
B Lara- 11953
A Border- 11174
S Waugh- 10927
S Gavaskar- 10122
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested