Ponting attracts highest reserve price of $US 400,000 during IPL auctions
Sydney: Australian legend Ricky Ponting, who announced retirement from international cricket last year, has been nominated for the money-spinning Indian Premier League (IPL), and the veteran has attracted the highest reserve price of US 400,000 dollars on the auction list of 101 nominated players.
Ponting is joined by his successor as Australian Test captain Michael Clarke as the only players with a top reserve price of 400,000 pounds for the auction to be held in Chennai on February 3. Clarke has been slammed over his decision to play in the high-profile Twenty20 tournament which ends on May 26, just a month before Australia`s Ashes tour begins on June 26 with a four-day match against Somerset.
Ashes tour candidates Phil Hughes with a reserve price of 100,000 dollars, Matthew Wade, 200,000 dollars, Moises Henriques 100,000 dollars, and Glenn Maxwell, 200,000 dollars, join Clarke in the auctions. Veteran Ponting previously played for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured