Ponting attracts highest reserve price of $US 400,000 during IPL auctions
Sydney: Australian legend Ricky Ponting, who announced retirement from international cricket last year, has been nominated for the money-spinning Indian Premier League (IPL), and the veteran has attracted the highest reserve price of US 400,000 dollars on the auction list of 101 nominated players.
Ponting is joined by his successor as Australian Test captain Michael Clarke as the only players with a top reserve price of 400,000 pounds for the auction to be held in Chennai on February 3. Clarke has been slammed over his decision to play in the high-profile Twenty20 tournament which ends on May 26, just a month before Australia`s Ashes tour begins on June 26 with a four-day match against Somerset.
Ashes tour candidates Phil Hughes with a reserve price of 100,000 dollars, Matthew Wade, 200,000 dollars, Moises Henriques 100,000 dollars, and Glenn Maxwell, 200,000 dollars, join Clarke in the auctions. Veteran Ponting previously played for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM