Ponting comfortable with life after retirement
Sydney: Former Australia Test captain Ricky Ponting, who recently retired from international cricket after the series against South Africa, has said he is comfortable with his decision since it was made for the right reasons. With the Australian Test team training in the background, Ponting is a familiar figure at Bellerive, but instead of being dressed in Test attire, the former captains is in the purple and black of the Hobart Hurricanes.
Ponting claims it was this backdrop that made arguably Tasmania`s greatest sportsman realise his international career was now officially over, but while reality has set in, regrets haven`t. “I actually felt yesterday and today - it was the days that hit me the most,” News.com.au quoted Ponting, as saying. “I`m here training with the Hurricanes and the (Test) boys are out the back in the nets and I`ve walked past them training now and you sit back and watch the Australian team at Bellerive and I`m not a part of it,” he added. “I``m comfortable with it, the decision was made for the right reasons,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka