Ponting comfortable with life after retirement
Sydney: Former Australia Test captain Ricky Ponting, who recently retired from international cricket after the series against South Africa, has said he is comfortable with his decision since it was made for the right reasons. With the Australian Test team training in the background, Ponting is a familiar figure at Bellerive, but instead of being dressed in Test attire, the former captains is in the purple and black of the Hobart Hurricanes.
Ponting claims it was this backdrop that made arguably Tasmania`s greatest sportsman realise his international career was now officially over, but while reality has set in, regrets haven`t. “I actually felt yesterday and today - it was the days that hit me the most,” News.com.au quoted Ponting, as saying. “I`m here training with the Hurricanes and the (Test) boys are out the back in the nets and I`ve walked past them training now and you sit back and watch the Australian team at Bellerive and I`m not a part of it,” he added. “I``m comfortable with it, the decision was made for the right reasons,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM