Ponting comfortable with life after retirement
Sydney: Former Australia Test captain Ricky Ponting, who recently retired from international cricket after the series against South Africa, has said he is comfortable with his decision since it was made for the right reasons. With the Australian Test team training in the background, Ponting is a familiar figure at Bellerive, but instead of being dressed in Test attire, the former captains is in the purple and black of the Hobart Hurricanes.
Ponting claims it was this backdrop that made arguably Tasmania`s greatest sportsman realise his international career was now officially over, but while reality has set in, regrets haven`t. “I actually felt yesterday and today - it was the days that hit me the most,” News.com.au quoted Ponting, as saying. “I`m here training with the Hurricanes and the (Test) boys are out the back in the nets and I`ve walked past them training now and you sit back and watch the Australian team at Bellerive and I`m not a part of it,” he added. “I``m comfortable with it, the decision was made for the right reasons,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video