Ponting indicates towards independent commission
Sydney: Though he was not forthright, veteran batsman Ricky Ponting on Friday gave enough indications that he endorses an independent commission to run cricket in Australia.
The former and acting captain claimed that the Argus review, which shook up cricket at the top level in Australia, has revitalised the national side.
Ponting has hinted that the Crawford-Carter report could do the same to Cricket Australia`s governance.
"I think all of us as players are really keen to see what comes of it all. Our playing review has been made very public and everything that came out of the Argus review has been printed and in the papers.
"As a playing group we`re really keen to see what comes of the governance review in Cricket Australia," Ponting was quoted as saying by the `Daily Telegraph`.
Ponting`s take comes a day after former captain Mark Taylor`s observation where he supported the Crawford-Carter report`s recommendations.
"I`ve read some stuff in the papers with Mark Taylor having a say to what`s happening around Cricket Australia."
Praising the Argus review and its impact, which saw a new coach and selection panel and the appointment of Pat Howard as team performance manager, Ponting said, "I just think a whole freshening of everything has probably been the major reason that things have turned around the way they have."
"It`s just been a really refreshing feel I guess right through cricket in Australia, not just around the national team either but everything.
"All the issues that were brought up in the Argus review have been addressed and some of the appointments that have been made, it certainly looks like we`ve got cricket in Australia heading in the right direction.
He said everything has been positive over the past few months.
"I think everything that`s happened in the last six months has been ultra-positive for Australian cricket."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India