Ponting`s latest revelations suggest Clarke not `true captain`
Sydney: The Australian media has claimed that former Test captain Ricky Ponting`s revelations about current captain Michael Clarke not sticking around for a chat after the day`s play on some occasions have pointed out towards the fact that Clarke is not a true captain.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Ponting`s book serves as an informative postscript to an Ashes series in which Clarke was lauded for funky and imaginative field placings, despite losing 3-0.
Clarke may be a friend to the commentators filling airtime on TV, grateful as they are for the chance to whip out the digital pen and circle the man at short midwicket but he is less highly rated by his Australian teammates, the report said.
As Ponting`s comments emphasise, the rest of the Baggy Greens do not believe that Clarke is a team man at heart, the report added.
A growing lobby would like to see Aussie one-day captain George Bailey, a much more clubbable character, take the reins across all formats, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy