Ponting says `nobody forced him` to step down as Oz Test captain
Sydney: Australian cricketer Ricky Ponting has said in his soon to be released autobiography that no one had forced him to step down as Test captain but instead a number of people tried to talk him out of it.
According to News.com.au, Ponting revealed that senior figures from Cricket Australia had contacted his manager, James Henderson, who had been looking after him since 2007 to request not to let him make any stupid decisions.
However, Ponting said that his mind was already made up.
The former captain also said that it would have been nice to depart on the shoulders of his teammates, victorious, rather than at a press conference after a defeat but the comfort was that it was totally his decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?