Portion of film acted by Sreesanth to be removed
Kozhikode: Noted Malayalam poet and musician Kaithapram Damodaran Namboothiri, who roped in S Sreesanth to do a guest role in debut directorial `Mazhavillinattam vare` (till the edge of the rainbow), has decided to remove the portion acted by the cricketer in the film, in the backdrop of his arrest by Delhi police on allegations of spot-fixing.
"I have personally nothing against Sreesanth. He is the best fast bowler in our country. He is a good friend of mine. But considering the negative publicity, it was decided to delete the scenes in which the cricketer appears," Kaithapram said.
The shooting of the movie, which tells the story of young Pakistani cricketer`s life-changing journey to India, is over and it was planned to be released during Onam festival in September, he said.
In the film, Sreesanth was at a cricket camp being conducted by former India wicketkeeper Syed Kirmani.
The star cast includes Abbas Hassan, a London-based popular Pakistani musician, and Archana Kavi as heroine, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city