Portion of film acted by Sreesanth to be removed
Kozhikode: Noted Malayalam poet and musician Kaithapram Damodaran Namboothiri, who roped in S Sreesanth to do a guest role in debut directorial `Mazhavillinattam vare` (till the edge of the rainbow), has decided to remove the portion acted by the cricketer in the film, in the backdrop of his arrest by Delhi police on allegations of spot-fixing.
"I have personally nothing against Sreesanth. He is the best fast bowler in our country. He is a good friend of mine. But considering the negative publicity, it was decided to delete the scenes in which the cricketer appears," Kaithapram said.
The shooting of the movie, which tells the story of young Pakistani cricketer`s life-changing journey to India, is over and it was planned to be released during Onam festival in September, he said.
In the film, Sreesanth was at a cricket camp being conducted by former India wicketkeeper Syed Kirmani.
The star cast includes Abbas Hassan, a London-based popular Pakistani musician, and Archana Kavi as heroine, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter