Positive start by Rajasthan after bowling out TN for 318
Chennai: Rajasthan made a strong start in reply to Tamil Nadu`s first innings total of 318 by reaching 89 without loss on the second day of their Group B Ranji Trophy cricket match, here on Monday.
Rajasthan openers, Siddarth Saraf (43) and Vineet Saxena (41) were at the crease when stumps were drawn for the day. Resuming at their overnight score of 231 for five, Tamil Nadu could do little as Rajasthan bowlers came on top.
With the strip helping spinners right from the beginning today, Aristh Singhvi and Ramesh Powar were in operation for most part of the innings today.
Singhvi was more effective and claimed three wickets including that of Ramaswamy Prasanna (73), who looked set for a century. Singhvi lured Prasanna, the batsman went for a big hit but landed an easy catch to Saxena at mid off region. Prasanna made 73 from 178 balls with 10 hits to the fence.
Pankaj Singh, who ruled the roost yesterday by claiming four valuable wickets, and Aniket Choudhary shared about 20 overs between them today. Pankaj completed his five-wicket haul by dismissing overnight batsman Vijay Shankar, who scored 60 runs off 150 balls with eight boundaries and put on a 141-run stand with Prasanna for the sixth wicket.
Once, these two batsmen made their exit, only Malolan Rangarajan, wagged his willow to make 39 useful runs and was the last man out.
Captain Balajaoi, Rahil S Shah and Aushik Srinivas failed to cross double digits.
For Rajasthan, Pankaj Singh (5/54), Singhvi (3/83) and Ramesh Powar (2/95) were the wicket takers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh