PPL can help PCB get countries to tour Pakistan: Lorgat
Karachi: Former CEO of ICC Haroon Lorgat believes that the proposed Pakistan Premier League T20 event can be a big stepping stone for the return of international teams to Pakistan.
Speaking to the media at the Gaddafi stadium on Thursday, Lorgat felt the key to making the premier league a success was the participation of international players.
"I think it will be a big stepping stone if international players come to play in the league. That will give confidence to players that cricket is played and can be played in a secure venue there is no reason why they can`t convince their boards to tour as national teams," Lorgat said.
Lorgat`s appearance at the PCB headquarters came as a surprise for the media as like in the case of the former England coach, Peter Moores on Wednesday, the board had made no prior announcements about the former ICC official`s visit.
After meeting with the PCB Chairman, Zaka Ashraf, chief operating officer, Subhan Ahmad, director-general cricket, Javed Miandad and other key officials to discuss the league, Lorgat told the media that he could see the PCB is determined to have it early next year.
"There is lot of planning and detail to be done. Lots of work to be done but I can see there is a lot of energy will and determination to get this league off the ground," he said.
Lorgat stopped over in Lahore on way to Sri Lanka where the board has signed him on as a advisor and consultant.
Ashraf said that Lorgat had always been a great friend of Pakistan and it was a great day for Pakistan cricket that he had decided to stop in Lahore.
"He has come to Pakistan on our invitation to discuss matters of significance. These days our focus is on organizing premier league in Pakistan we thought that there is no better person than Haroon to guide us on various organizational aspects of the league. We sought his views and advice and are thankful to him for guiding us on number of matters."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe