Praveen eyeing India comeback through domestic season
New Delhi: Out of the national fold for more than a year, fast bowler Praveen Kumar has set his eyes on the 2013-14 domestic season to make a comeback to the Indian team.
"I am fit. I have fully recovered from my tennis elbow. I am bowling well these days. I am now eying a comeback to the Indian team by putting up a consistent performance in the domestic circuit," said Praveen at the Petroleum Sports Promotion Board awards here on Monday.
Praveen, who missed the 2011 World Cup, had fruitful tours of West Indies and England in 2011, but then missed the tour of Australia due to an injury.
He played in the Commonwealth Bank series, the 2012 Asia Cup and then this year`s IPL, but due to a dip in form he has not played any international cricket since then.
Praveen also lauded Mahendra Singh Dhoni-led young Indian team for winning the just-concluded ICC Champions Trophy.
"It was good to see young Indian players taking up responsibility in the Champions Trophy. It was good that we won the last edition of the tournament," he said.
Praveen also had words of appreciation for his city-mate Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who has of late cemented his place in Indian pace attack.
"He (Bhuvneshwar) is a smart cricketer. He is smart enough to know his strengths. He bowled really well in English conditions," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter