Praveen eyeing India comeback through domestic season
New Delhi: Out of the national fold for more than a year, fast bowler Praveen Kumar has set his eyes on the 2013-14 domestic season to make a comeback to the Indian team.
"I am fit. I have fully recovered from my tennis elbow. I am bowling well these days. I am now eying a comeback to the Indian team by putting up a consistent performance in the domestic circuit," said Praveen at the Petroleum Sports Promotion Board awards here on Monday.
Praveen, who missed the 2011 World Cup, had fruitful tours of West Indies and England in 2011, but then missed the tour of Australia due to an injury.
He played in the Commonwealth Bank series, the 2012 Asia Cup and then this year`s IPL, but due to a dip in form he has not played any international cricket since then.
Praveen also lauded Mahendra Singh Dhoni-led young Indian team for winning the just-concluded ICC Champions Trophy.
"It was good to see young Indian players taking up responsibility in the Champions Trophy. It was good that we won the last edition of the tournament," he said.
Praveen also had words of appreciation for his city-mate Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who has of late cemented his place in Indian pace attack.
"He (Bhuvneshwar) is a smart cricketer. He is smart enough to know his strengths. He bowled really well in English conditions," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31