Praveen Kumar banned; issued show cause notice by the BCCI
New Delhi: Pacer Praveen Kumar has been suspended from participating in the upcoming inter-state Vijay Hazare Trophy matches after being issued a show cause notice by the BCCI following his unruly behaviour in a Corporate Trophy game recently.
"Praveen Kumar has been issued a Show cause notice by the Board. He has been suspended from participating in the forthcoming inter-state Vijay Hazare Trophy matches," the BCCI said in a release.
Praveen, who was named in Uttar Pradesh's 15-member squad for the Vijay Hazare trophy, has now been left out of the squad.
The bowler was issued a letter by the BCCI yesterday, asking him to explain his stand on the incident at the Board's Corporate Trophy held in Raipur last week, where he was playing for ONGC.
Praveen had bowled a short-pitched delivery at Ajitesh Argal of Income Tax and when the batsman checked with the umpire whether it was a no ball, the former started abusing him.
Parveen continued to express his displeasure with the on-field umpires, Kamlesh Sharma and Ajit Datar, who then reported the incident to match referee Dhananjay Singh.
The match referee described Praveen as 'mentally unfit' as he lost his composure at the least provocation, and reported the incident to the BCCI.
During a previous game also, Praveen had a showdown with the crowd and the local cricket authorities had to provide tighter security at the ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!