Praveen Kumar banned; issued show cause notice by the BCCI
New Delhi: Pacer Praveen Kumar has been suspended from participating in the upcoming inter-state Vijay Hazare Trophy matches after being issued a show cause notice by the BCCI following his unruly behaviour in a Corporate Trophy game recently.
"Praveen Kumar has been issued a Show cause notice by the Board. He has been suspended from participating in the forthcoming inter-state Vijay Hazare Trophy matches," the BCCI said in a release.
Praveen, who was named in Uttar Pradesh's 15-member squad for the Vijay Hazare trophy, has now been left out of the squad.
The bowler was issued a letter by the BCCI yesterday, asking him to explain his stand on the incident at the Board's Corporate Trophy held in Raipur last week, where he was playing for ONGC.
Praveen had bowled a short-pitched delivery at Ajitesh Argal of Income Tax and when the batsman checked with the umpire whether it was a no ball, the former started abusing him.
Parveen continued to express his displeasure with the on-field umpires, Kamlesh Sharma and Ajit Datar, who then reported the incident to match referee Dhananjay Singh.
The match referee described Praveen as 'mentally unfit' as he lost his composure at the least provocation, and reported the incident to the BCCI.
During a previous game also, Praveen had a showdown with the crowd and the local cricket authorities had to provide tighter security at the ground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India