Praveen should be third seamer in England: Sharma
New Delhi: Former India seamer Chetan Sharma feels that Praveen Kumar with his ability to swing should be the third seamer after Zaheer Khan and Ishant Sharma during the first Test against England at the Lord`s.
Sharma, who took 16 wickets during India`s emphatic 2-0 Test series win back in 1986 feels that Praveen`s ability to move the old ball gives him an edge over Sreesanth and Munaf Patel.
"I feel the team management would do well if they include Praveen as the third seamer. Zaheer has loads of experience of playing in England. Also if Ishant can replicate his performance of the Caribbean tour, there is no reason why we can`t beat England," Sharma said.
Having taken six wickets in an innings at the Lord`s back in 1986, Sharma feels that Praveen should be brought from end where the bowlers charge downhill.
"It`s difficult to move the ball when you are running up the slope. Therefore Praveen should be brought from the opposite end which will help him get more movement," Sharma explained.
Sharma who got 61 wickets from 23 Test matches recounted his own experience of getting five of his six scalps bowling downhill.
"I believe that this Indian bowling has the ability to take 20 wickets," he commented.
Sharma feels that Graeme Swann won`t pose any big threat to the much vaunted Indian batting line-up that comprises of Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Gautam Gambhir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured