Praveen should be third seamer in England: Sharma
New Delhi: Former India seamer Chetan Sharma feels that Praveen Kumar with his ability to swing should be the third seamer after Zaheer Khan and Ishant Sharma during the first Test against England at the Lord`s.
Sharma, who took 16 wickets during India`s emphatic 2-0 Test series win back in 1986 feels that Praveen`s ability to move the old ball gives him an edge over Sreesanth and Munaf Patel.
"I feel the team management would do well if they include Praveen as the third seamer. Zaheer has loads of experience of playing in England. Also if Ishant can replicate his performance of the Caribbean tour, there is no reason why we can`t beat England," Sharma said.
Having taken six wickets in an innings at the Lord`s back in 1986, Sharma feels that Praveen should be brought from end where the bowlers charge downhill.
"It`s difficult to move the ball when you are running up the slope. Therefore Praveen should be brought from the opposite end which will help him get more movement," Sharma explained.
Sharma who got 61 wickets from 23 Test matches recounted his own experience of getting five of his six scalps bowling downhill.
"I believe that this Indian bowling has the ability to take 20 wickets," he commented.
Sharma feels that Graeme Swann won`t pose any big threat to the much vaunted Indian batting line-up that comprises of Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Gautam Gambhir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie